Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Who Says You Can't Train Cats?

Since I'm struggling with part 2 of my Science and Faith entry, I thought I'd post a little comic relief.

My wife and I are jointly owned by three cats, all of which I brought to the marriage. We generally keep the family-room furniture covered with old sheets to keep the fur off, and uncover it when we have company. The cats have learned too, when the furniture is covered they can go up on it, when it's not they can't, so when the covers are off they tend to stay off.

Last Saturday my wife had a luncheon for a few women she works with. I was going to try out the rifle I got for Christmas, but it was too cold so I did what any red-blooded American male would do when confronted with a house full of women, I stayed at my workbench in the basement working on my model trains. So anyway, off came the sheets from the funiture, so the cats stayed off. Then my wife put a tablecloth on the dining-room table, a nice dark brownish-red one, at which point Snoball (guess what color she is!) realized that the table was covered so it must be OK for her to go up there. My wife described her as lounging in the middle of the table. Since none of the cats generally go up on the table, we decided she must have thought it was OK because there was a cover on it.

It's hard to be too upset when they're following the rules as they understand them.

4 comments:

Oya Kayacan said...

So you've got the point! Cats love covers. You did not train them.
This was Oya from Istanbul, owned by two cats!

Anonymous said...

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. Clearly, Snoball had simply been waiting for the staff to supply the necessary covering for the table, in order to make it suitable for Her Royal High-Ass to grace with her presence.

I toil for the benefit of four cats, one of whom is pure white (Dusty), the other three are multi-colored. I know from cat hair.

Mark said...

Like I said, we have three, one all white, one all black, one black-and-white. No matter what color you wear it'll show.

oakleyses said...

air max, wedding dress, canada goose pas cher, ugg, toms outlet, canada goose, oakley, pandora jewelry, hollister, replica watches, baseball bats, moncler, moncler outlet, vans, juicy couture outlet, canada goose uk, hollister canada, timberland shoes, converse, hollister clothing, ralph lauren, pandora uk, moncler, iphone 6 case, lancel, moncler, louis vuitton canada, nike air max, moncler, uggs canada, links of london uk, karen millen, ray ban, louboutin, canada goose, thomas sabo uk, gucci, coach outlet, parajumpers outlet, moncler, supra shoes, converse shoes, swarovski uk, pandora charms, swarovski jewelry, moncler, montre femme, juicy couture outlet